Music Video

 

For this music video, I had to go through 30 minutes' worth of footage. For some of the footage, I realized slo-mo wasn't the best option for them because I had to end up speeding it up. When I sped them up, I added transitions to make sure it doesn't look choppy. When filming I made sure I had different camera angles and movements. In the beginning, I started with a birds-eye view by standing on top of the bed. My actor was sleeping and I was hoping to get the alarm ringing in the back of the music but it did not. Fast forward to the running shots this was to put in multiple angles and give off a calm vibe. Running is associated with having a good routine and being on track to wellness. The whole morning routine was to bring the audience along with me on my Jamaica morning routine during the lockdown. If there was no lockdown as stated in the song, you would've seen multiple people out enjoying the Jamaica sun every morning. (10) Next on the journey is the forest. The forest shots included a 360, extreme close up, pan, etc. The vibe of the forest complimented what Reggae stands for and that is peace. You can see some community shots from the video which are also commonly found in reggae music. Two of the actors wore a hairstyle commonly found in Reggae music video which is locs. People who wear locs are seemed to be more intuned with nature and peaceful people. Moving along to the next scene, you get more of Jamaica’s scenery. You can see a man climbing a coconut tree to drop down coconuts. This also compliments the reggae genre’s conventions which aims to showcase Jamaica. Finally, in the end, I add in clips of what the global crisis is doing to the beautiful jamaica that showed in the video.  If we continue down the path we are going, Jamaica will get worse and will be left stranded when it is destroyed. This place relies on tourism and without the beauty and uplifting spirits they are set out to be doomed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Filming Blog Music Video,

Planning for my Music Video