Final Filiming Blog About Second Scene

Today is the day I film the second part of my music video. I’m proud of how everything came out and how much footage I got. I know when I edit the video it will give off the calm and peaceful vibes I was hoping to go with. I had to take school off since the car ride to the country ( Saint Elizabeth) was going to be far. Since school started this was the earliest I had to wake up to go somewhere and it was 5 am. After piling into the car and going on to our 4-hour journey I finally reached the Bamboo forest. The Bamboo trees are as tall as 4 average height males maybe even taller and they bend to create a tunnel or arch over the wide road. I drive the road every time I come to Jamaica to visit my family in the country and every single time I’m taken away by how beautiful it is. This passage goes on for about 40 minutes and underneath it, you have vendors selling food such as coconuts, pepper shrimp, fruit, peanuts, etc. To get the beauty of Jamaica I decided to film at a coconut vendor who was more than welcome to let me record. I got footage of her chopping the coconuts that my mom and some locals paid for. After that, I got a close up of them drinking the coconut water. I even got footage of them scraping the jelly out from the coconut. She chopped about 5 coconuts for me to get footage of so I got more than enough in slo-mo and regular speed. I wanted to get a 360 of the forest but the traffic was picking up sometimes. I finally got the perfect shot when there seemed to be no cars coming so I was able to run out into the road and get a quick shot. I was hoping the film wasn’t blurry and if it is, I’m hoping there is software to make it clear. When I was done filming the fruits, I got multiple shots of the long stretch under the forest. Since I had to drive slow to get a steady shot, people kept honking behind me and my hand was a little shaky. Finally, we headed over to the family compound where I got footage of my grandpa climbing up a coconut tree to give us more coconut. This whole trip and getting footage of the island was beautiful and something I'm proud of since I'm shedding light on the beauty of Jamaica. Here is a photo of the forest. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting The Final Task

Creative Critical Reflection

Research Blog: Music Video Conventions