Introduction to the Music Video Project

It’s time to plan the music video of a lifetime. For this assignment I chose to work by myself since it would less of hassle. I am currently in Jamaica since school is online and I’m able to do it from anywhere. I’ve been here from the beginning of October and will not be returning to Florida until January 2021. Working with someone in Florida would be very complicated so I’m pretty sure working by myself is the best option. The song that I chose to do is locked down by Koffee. Koffee is an artist from Jamaica who has recently won a Grammy for her song Toast. The vision I am trying to embody for my music video is shedding light on Jamaica’s culture and the impact covid and the global crisis has on the small island. Jamaica has a beautiful culture that everyone loves especially when they come to vacation but no one is seeing what really is going on. With Jamaica being a third world country, Covid has impacted many families who already hardly had anything. Recently Hurricane Eta came and really destroyed much of the country. Multiple landslides happened which destroyed roads and caved in some people’s houses. The roads in Jamaica are already bad and the government believes just patching them up instead of fixing them is okay. Excessive flooding happened which flooded many houses so people now have no where to go. The lower class people in Jamaica use zinc to build their houses and that’s not a sturdy material that can hold down during a storm. If the world


continues down the path it’s going, if Jamaica was to get by a major storm this global crisis will destroy it. The song Lockdown has the reggae melody that everyone thinks about when coming to Jamaica that’s calm so it’s a great fit. Even though it was a calm beat the video will be sad since it is bringing attention to what is happening today. I came to this idea because while I’m currently here I can see how the world news is not talking about what is happening. I just everyone to stop thinking Jamaica is Caribbean’s greatest vacation spot that doesn’t need help. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Filming Blog Music Video,

Planning for my Music Video