Filming blog process

 Who knew so many things could go wrong in one day. My initial commercial was a hair extensions commercial but it changed to a bath and body works lotion commercial. Friday morning, I washed all the wigs that I was going to use and combed them out to air dry them so they were  perfect for the camera. Filming day was Saturday but a tropical storm was coming so it was nonstop rain. The scene at the beach was a no go and the whole commercial had to be scraped. The lighting was terrible inside the house due to how gloomy it was so my backup plan was not going to work either. After trying to film and see how it would come out, I realized how bad it was so I didn’t use the project at all. After stressing about what I can do next I thought about what I had a plethora of and it turned out to be body butters from bath and body works. I’ve seen many commercial about fragrance in tv to know all I needed was a white back ground with good lightning and edit in something dramatic like falling feathers. I waited until Sunday morning to film because I expected the weather the lift up. It didn’t lift but I had a hour window after the rain stopped before it started again. Since the focus was going to be on the lotion I figured the costume shouldn’t cover up my skin but yet be appropriate so I wore shorts and a short sleeve shirt. I messed up a close up scene on gliding the lotion on to my leg so much I thought I was going to finishing the bottle before the day was over. To film most of the commercial, I put a chair in the bathroom since the lighting in there is bright and I’m able to get natural lighting from the sun roof. The white tile also helps with having good lighting. In some scenes you can see a difference in skin tone because I had to use a model to shoot some of the scenes while I filmed. I had to also make sure the model had waxed her skin before I did the shoot because every lotion commercial has a clean soft look to it. One thing I thought about doing was advertising it on different skin tones but due to how last minute this idea change was, I knew I couldn’t do it. To make sure the scenes were going to come out good, I filmed everything at least three times. Towards the end, I had a few models holding up their favorite fragrance and smiling which I loved. 


One of the lotions used.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Video

Filming Blog Music Video,

Planning for my Music Video